Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Girl Scouts Rock The Mall Swaps

Credits


This past weekend I attended the Girl Scouts Rock The Mall 100th birthday celebration. Those of you who know me know I am a former girl scout and PROUD of it. Girl scouts was a very important part of my life and I was very excited to be a part of the sing-a-long as an alumnae. Also loved spending time with my fav former leader and auntie.

There were girls from all over the country there, and even some over seas. Now, for those of you who may not know, girl scouts do a thing called swaps, where you take a little handmade trinket and "swap" it with another girl from somewhere else. At the end of the day you have lots of different swaps from all over, and you have met some new people.

I was so excited to be able to make swaps again.....and I used my favorite thing, origami lucky stars (hence the name). I had some left over from my wedding and some I had made just because and used them for my pins. they took some time but came out really great.



I love this close up shot of them all in a bowl together, Shows how colorful they are.

I cant tell you about swaps without showing you all the amazing ones that I collected from the day. There are some really creative girls out there.


Now in hopes that I don't sound too much like an infomercial. If you have a girl in your life (or you are one) check out the Girl Scouts website to find a troop in your area. Trust me, you wont regret it ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I would have saw you at Rock The Mall. Your stars are awesome. From one scout to another. Jackie

Anonymous said...

Would you post instructions for your STAR SWAP?
It is beautiful and my troop would love to make some!

Kriss Persico said...

We were there too from Pennsylvania. This is a reminder, there is no such thing as an ex-girl scout. We're like Marines! LOL. Would you please send instruction for troop #502? We would love to learn how to make these. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Cold you please post how to make your little stars?
Thank you!