|pic taken with my phone, sorry about quality|
I used the tute found here, but used embroidery thread that I already had instead of sock weight yarn. I really liked how it turned out, and I love that there are no more tangles, I HATE reaching in my purse for headphones that are imposable to untangle.
When I got to the button part I knotted above, then one below, then one above it again to have floss on all sides. I suggest buying the craft floss that does not split for this because I have an issue with splitting here
When I got to the split I just went back up the other way, and then for the bottom half started a new floss. It took about two spools of floss and came out pretty good.
I think the only thing I would have done again would be to have some self patterning floss for a bit of color change.
I also did the scrapbook paper thing but I'll post later on that when I have a pic to show you.