I found this cute jewelry box for a dollar at a yard sale. Seeing as all my jewelry is currently kept in a crayon box, I had to have it. The only bad thing was that the top fabric was hideous; well I guess you could say it was a good thing because now it looks fabulous!
TaDaa! What a difference. This project was originally supposed to be a tutorial but things didn’t go as planned. I got so excited to have a project because I haven’t had one in so long, I dove right in unprepared and when I tried to remove the mirror it broke in three pieces. Using what I had on hand, a box cutter and a butter knife, I should have expected it. For a while I was mad because buying a new mirror would defeat my purpose of a cheap project so to be on the positive side I just scraped it and made it work. The rest of the project went well, sanding, painting, and a little bit of glossy Mod Podge, and a hot pink zebra fat quarter for a dollar at Wal-Mart. That’s all it took, it was a real easy project, which is good because I haven’t figured out how to balance a project, a now 3 year old, and a 4 month old.