Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I'm Baaaack!

YAY! I know right, all of you are excited I can tell, but still not as excited as I am to have internet again. While I was gone I did not do much of anything crafty. I did however make this cute little cross stitch/beaded snowman ornament that I got from this super cute yarn store in town called The Red Thread. ( If you live in the area you should go check it out, if not, road trip maybe?)

Isn't he cute? It felt so good to actually have a project and finish it, I haven't had the chance to do that in a while. Now, I know what you all may be thinking, and yes, I did go in a yarn shop and come out with a small cross stitch kit. The store was full of such beautiful yarns I was overwhelmed and didn't know what to get so I though a quick project was just what I needed. But moving on, because I could go on and on about my experience there for a while.

While I was away I also got to take a little trip to Jo-Ann's to pick up some embroidery stuff to go with my new book. (read about that here) I was so excited that the first thing I did was organize all my thread on the bobbins and arrange by color. A little OCD I know, but what can I say, at least it looks pretty....see...
Ahh, behold, the beauty of color. The actual embroidering was a little less successful. I did a few stitches and then got tired of it. I think it was because I didn't get any transfer stuff, and with no real design I wasn't exactly 'inspired'. I will try again later once I get settled. I also need some inspiration on coming up with a face design for a crochet doll for my princess.

On a different note I do not have any projects planned for the near future, but I did promise my little one I would help him make a pinata  so I may do that next week hopefully. That being said I wanted to add a feature to my blog. I will call it Kids Krafts Fridays. It will feature a fun craft that I make with my little ones. I would like to do one every week but for now I will try to do as many as possible. I'm really excited about this because not only do I get more crafts to share with you, I also get a chance to sit down and have a little Noah, Mommy crafting time. Hopefully you will be seeing those in the very near future.

Last thing I wanted to add was that I am doing some research on a future project that I am spending all of my random online time looking up for. If you follow my pinterest you may have an idea of what it is. ( if you don't, there is a button on the right side of the screen, DO IT! - just kidding but it would be nice) For those of you who are not pinterest users - although I don't know what else you would be doing with your time - I'll give the surprise away.....its a craft bag. I don't know how long this project will take since I don't have much sewing experience and I am more of the learn as you go kind of gal, but I hope to open an online store -etsy or art fire- from it. So if anybody has any FREE online resources on handbag making please feel free to add it in a comment below.

Sorry to babble on, but Ive just missed this so much lol. Till later ;)



No comments: