Today I finished my first real sewing project and I’m highly excited about it. It is project number 37 “major sleevage”, from the book Generation T: Beyond Fashion (check out my review here). This is the first thing that I have sewn in years, and the first thing I’ve actually had a chance to sew on my sewing machine. It was a pretty easy pattern and in general didn’t take that long to complete. The hard part was rotary cutting. I came to the conclusion that I need to take a class on rotary cutting because for some reason it just wasn’t one of those easy peasy, common sense kind of things I thought it would be. I think the problem for me was the knit fabric. The only other time I’ve sewn anything or used a rotary cutter was a quilt I made in high school which of course used regular quilting fabric. Other than that everything went ok and it felt absolutely amazing to have a project completed and to get to sit back and look at it finished, I haven’t had the chance to do that in forever. I didn’t follow the instructions exact; it called for putting a strip on the front flap to tie around to close it. Instead a put a cute glittery button, I thought it looked nicer that way.