Thursday, March 8, 2012

Picture Frame Pin Cushion

I first want to say I am posting this using my new blogger app for iPhone so I have no clue how this is going to look when published but I thought it would be fun to use. It's like sending a text to the blogging world lol. Now on to my project.

This was one of those spur of the moment projects that was done last minute so no tutorial. But it's so easy it really doesn't need one.

I usually keep my pins on a teeny little box that came with one of those starter sewing kits and always said to myself I need to make a pin cushion and never did. When I knocked over the little box on the floor when my daughter was playing across the room I saw it as a hazard and stopped what I was doing and made this little cutie.

All you need us a small frame, some scrap fabric, hot glue, and a little bit of stuffing. For my stuffing I dissected an old cheap stuffed animal of my sons that had a hole in it. Don't worry. It was a cheap one out of the claw machine from Walmart. Not much if a loss and he didn't even know.

Take out the glass of the frame because you don't need it.

Cut your fabric scrap a little bigger than the inside space in the back

Hot glue your corners down first. Then as even as possible glue in the rest

Add the stuffing in and replace back.

Yeah, it's that easy. I finished two in about 10 minutes. Now I don't have to worry about spilled pins on the floor AND I have some added color to my craft table.

No comments: